Code Not Giving Subscription

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew D Marr

So I hadn't had a subscription for some time but decided to return when I saw that I got a code for buying Renaissance and that the base game was free. However, when I entered it and selected my expansion it changed the year by one but I cant use it because it has been more than a year since I have had a subscription. So, in a sense I don't get a year subscription. I should be able to play until March 3rd 2020 with the code. That would be a year subscription. So if I could get that fixed that would be great.

Ingix

Informed speculation:
At the moment nobody can buy a year's worth of subscription. The reason AFAIK is that Shuffle iT only has the license until the end of 2019 (of course, it might get extended), so it cannot promise to do anything after 1/1/2020. I assume that is the reason the code doesn't work.
See my post below for a corrected reason.

Of course, the optimal solution would be to allow the code until end of the year and then extend it once the license got extended or transfer the dates to the next license holder (if another party gets it).

Ingix

Correction:
As speculation tends to be, it can be incorrect. I've been informed that there are players that have their free year for an expansion reaching into 2020.

The problem seems to occur to players (like Andrew) which had a subscription but had it run out in the past. The code will try to start right at the end of the expiration date, which is bad if that was  some month or even years ago.

Andrew D Marr

Is there a way to fix it? And if not, can I have a different code to give to someone else that just started playing? Because basically the system stole a code from me.

Ingix

I made the developer aware of the problem and suggested both a general fix (for the future) and manual correction for the already affected players.