Crash with Pirate Ship

Previous topic - Next topic

xenakaaii

game #25378705 on tokyo

The game seems to crash/freeze on turn 12 of this game.

Setup is: opponent inherited grand market (so estates act like grand markets). I have capitalism active and play pirate ship. Opponent reveals estate and copper. Because of inheritance and capitalism, estate has the types action-victory-treasure. There should be no problem trashing estate with pirate ship. It is chooseable in the interface. When I click it a red X appears over the card and I get the "Trash" button. If I click trash however the game simply hangs.

Ingix

Thanks for the report, xenakaaii!

I can confirm that this happens on replay as well, the game actually trashes the Estate (you can see that if you hit reload at that moment), but it still shows the Copper and is (incorrectly) waiting for you to do something (which you can't, as you witnessed).

I can only guess on why this happens, it probably is because Estates rarely are Treasures as well.

dane

Could it be that the problem is arising because the Estate ceases to be a Treasure once it is trashed?  I know that that shouldn't affect the outcome, but it could be what's confusing the system.

Ingix

Yes, I assume the same. What I don't understand is if the problem is in the client (what runs in your browser) or the server. I tested and the error also happens if the Estate is the only Treasure revealed, which means there shouldn't be any choice, so I vaguely think the server is the problem.