Turn 1 Cultist

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePrayingMantis

In a two player game, how can the second player combat something like this? It doesn't have to be a cultist but usually a 5 cost attack on turn one like witch or mountebank is game over, especially without trashing. I never used to be a proponent of everyone drawing the same hand to start but unless I'm missing something, that might be best. Anyone have thoughts on or advice for the situation? Just seems a game as well designed as this shouldn't have a such a high chance to win with little variance from the get go. I understand Dominion is very much a game of skill AND luck; I'm not trying to play a game of pure skill or perfect information when I log in to Dominion. I just want player 2 to not be practically lost before even taking the first turn, however occasional such a blow out might be. Thanks!

santamonica811

I have won many many games where my opponent got that lucky 5-2 break.  I've also lost my share of games where I was the lucky one re getting that opening draw.  I do not at all mind that element of lucky...it of course evens out over the long haul.  And I enjoy playing a game where, sometimes, the 'lesser' player still wins.  But I have no problem with people who hate the 'lucky draw' element in regards to the first two hands.  (Of course there is still the element of lucky draws for the rest of the game.)  I would not mind seeing "Draw identical hands the first two rounds" as an option for the game.  But DVX has been pretty clear that it's not an option he wants for the online game..