Maximizing score

Previous topic - Next topic

wanmoke

Hello, long time lurker first time poster here.

So when Renaissance was released, I felt that the mechanics of it break the game.  As my friend and I played with it more and started combining it with other sets, some things are very overpowered.  So as an experiment I went to Dominmion Online and I hand picked a set of 10 Kingdom cards designed to take full advantage of the AI to see how high I can pump the score.

Now, I know that the Bishop/Fortress combo can theoretically produce infinite points so long as the game doesn't end.  So instead I went with a combo of Goons/Monument/Capitalism.  I've tweaked the other cards around, I tried bringing in stuff like Colonnade and Orchard.  I tried Vineyard because I was buying all these actions, but I found that it was too slow as I couldn't quite fit in a potion buy.  Fairgrounds I determined was still too slow.  I was pushing 200 in some games.

Finally, I hit a good sweet spot and my current highest score so far is 389.  I firmly believe I can reach 400.  Any thoughts on how this could be improved?  Right now I'm using Apothecary, Gardens, Inventor, Monument, Villa, Workers Village, Council Room, Spices, Goons, Peddler.  Non Kingdom cards are Capitalism and Orchard and I'm including Colonies/Platinum.

Edit: I guess also any card that give you victory tokens without buying cards can continue giving points as long as the game doesn't end.

kieranmillar

Goons / Highway / Forum / Trader is an actually infinite point combo. Play 5 highways and then Goons with Trader in your hand. Buy a Forum (that now costs zero) and react with Trader, gaining a silver, a point, and getting your buy back, but not lowering the Forum pile. This continues to work and give points even when the silver pile empties. Repeat buying Forum and reacting Trader until you die of starvation.