Playing Kings Court + Band of Misfits

Previous topic - Next topic

santamonica811

Game  25488204, Turn 12.

I played KC and then B of M.  B/M of course asked for an action card (value 4 or less) to emulate. I first picked Envoy.  My thought was to get the 4 cards from Envoy, then the game would play B of M a second time, so I'd be prompted to pick another 4< card for B/M.  And then, after that, I'd pick a 3rd card for B/M (I knew, of course, that I could pick Envoy for the 2nd and/or 3rd parts of KC, if I so wanted).

But the game did not give me this opportunity.  It just picked-and-played Envoy, so after playing it once, I got the 12 cards via Envoy/KC's three parts.

But as I look at the language for KC and for B/M, this does not seem to be correct.  Is this a bug?  Or is there some rule that would explain why this happened?  (I did not set up a Kingdom with Throne Room + Band of Misfits, but I'm assuming that would yield the same issue, yes?)

markus

Band of Misfits or Overlord remain whatever card you picked until they leave play. When you play them with a Throne Room, they usually don't leave play and you can't pick something else for the second play. Exceptions are for example playing as Embargo such that it trashes itself and you can pick a new card.