Dominion.games site is down

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Hugin

Ingix

As yesterday, Stef has been notified but not (at the time of this writing) responded.

KathyV2015

Again!  This is really annoying.  You just fixed it and now it is down again only this time I can even get to the site at all, because my computer says that the page won't load, because it can't establish a secure connection.  Although I am able to get to this site, it also says that this connection is not secure either.  What is going on here?

KathyV2015

My computer also won't go to the interactive support site.  It says that Apple or Mac or something like that doesn't recognize sites beginning with Discord.  I'm feeling angry that I am having so much trouble with your site after it was just fixed about a day ago.

Ingix

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "interactive support site", I assume you mean the discord. You can join the discord server for Dominion Online by going here:

https://discord.gg/ZqkZcgQ

You need to make an account for Discord in general, and there are destop and mobile apps that have a bit more functionality that the web version.

If you want to get a short indtroduction, I found this video (not checked, hope it does what it says it does):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYSQB0fUzv0

KathyV2015

I've been on that site before, no problem.  It appears to be a security issue.  The dominion.games site isn't actually down either, it seems, but in order to get there I had to lower my firewall security from high to low.  I was always able to play before with my firewall security set on high, so your website is obviously not as secure as it used to be or else it was never that secure and my machine just caught it since it was recently updated.  At any rate you need to fix the security issue.  Since my firewall is still set on low, I can possibly also get to discord now.  I will check and get back to you.

Ingix

This was a DNS problem apparently (fixed now). As is general with DNS, it might take some time to propagate around the world, but until now we have not had a reply that it doesn't work.

Ingix

@KathyV2015: I suggest you try again with the high security setting. I guess the fix and you trying the low security setting were done at the same time.

KathyV2015

It still no longer will go to that site.  Although I was able to get to that site with no problem as of yesterday, I haven't been able to claim my account for a long time.  It tells me something like that my E-mail address is already claimed.  I can't remember the exact message, but it is something like that.  It was never a problem before today, though, because I was always able to use the site anyway.   I may not be the most technically savvy person compared to many, but I am also more technically savvy than many and I don't need to use a video to do something obvious.  The problem is that my MAC, as of today, will no longer go to any site beginning with discord, according to the error message.  This was never a problem before today.  My MAC just did some automatic updates recently and this is probably why it no longer goes to any discord sites, even with my security set on low.  I am sure that I cannot be the only MAC user with this problem, so it may be something that should be looked into.

KathyV2015

OK, will try the high security setting.

KathyV2015

Game itself works fine now on high security setting.  Thanks.

tonyacarroll

I have not been able to log in for the last 2 days.  Anyone else having trouble

Ingix

The game works for me.

Standard course of Action: Clear your browser cache.

If the login screen is there but when you enter your credentials you have an endless spinning castle, or the endless spinning castle happens immediately?
In that case, your current game is stuck for whatever reasons. What you need to do is use a tab that is private (Firefox) or incognito (Chrome) to open the game site. Then the login screen should appear. Now enter your credentials, but click on "Kick & Resign" (NOT on Login) at the very bottom of the login screen. That should 'clear' the problem, and you can then login normally here or in a normal browser window.

If anything is unclear or doesn't work, ask again here!