News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Cobbler + Watchtower

Previous topic - Next topic

ryan.echternacht

This seemed wrong, but maybe it's correct?

I cobblered a watchtower to my hand, then it gave me all of the watcher tower reaction options (there were no other watchtowers in my hand before hand). It happened a few different times to me in this game #26203690.

ryan.echternacht

Reading the known bugs list, something similar was addressed back at the end of 2017. I'm guessing this is another case of that that wasn't caught (maybe because cobbler hadn't been printed).

Quote17-11-29:
Fixed in 1.3.4: The Watchtower bug that allowed a Watchtower newly drawn during the handling of the effects triggering of a gain to apparently ignore the lost track rule. Main example was when a Rats was gained, trashed with an existing Watchtower, the on-death Rats effect drew a new Watchtower, which could trash the same rat again, for a new on-death Rats draw.

jeebus

This is correct. The Watchtower reacts because it's in your hand right after you gained a card (itself). This has nothing to do with lose-track but with a peculiar timing rule in Dominion.

The old bug is a bug because a Rats can be trashed even though it's already moved to the trash, which should mean that it's lost track of.

ryan.echternacht

So this is intended behavior? Seems really odd, but I guess I can see it?

jeebus

Yes. When-gain abilities trigger right after you gain a card. At that moment you can reveal a Watchtower you have in your hand to move that card. (You could instead use for instance Cargo Ship, Royal Seal or Innovation to moved the gained card.)