News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Crown as Action

Previous topic - Next topic

squirezucco

This is a variant on the crown/villager issue, but if you have only crowns in your starting hand, you can't play them as actions (it skips right to the buy phase). This is normally fine, but if you have the +card token on crown, it is sad times, because crown crown crown is happiness personified. See game #26237820, turn 16 I think.

Ingix

This is a situation where the autoplay for Crown should be disabled. Having the +1 Card marker on it was one of the scenarios discussed initially where automatically moving to the buy phase was not always the best option.

Crown/Villager is the opposite: Unless extra special circumstances with Diadem call for it, having only Crowns as Actions plus Villagers should move directly the to the buy phase, but it doesn't at the moment.

santamonica811

Ingex.  I think that if Peddler is also in the kingdom, one should have the ability to play Crown(s) before Villagers, yes?

Ingix

I don't see the relation to Peddler. If you play Crown in the buy phase, it will reduce the Peddler cost as well, if that's what you're after.

santamonica811

Ingix,
Ah, interesting.  I did not know that about playing actions in the buy phase (re lowering Peddler's cost).  Thanks for that info.

Ingix

That works because Crown is an Action and a Treasure, so it can be played during the buy phase like any other Treasure. It's the only 'natural' Action-Treasure at the moment (Capitalism can produce more, of course).

squirezucco

Thanks. I didn't know there was an autoplay option for it.