Players insisting you don't buy a card then stalling

Previous topic - Next topic

wodepigu

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this but I felt the need to somewhere. In general 99.9% of my games are a positive experience, even if there's a bit of healthy trash-talking gamesmanship. However, occasionally there's a player that starts the game saying "no witches" or "no gardens". After I see this, I generally say I do not agree and play. As soon as I buy on of the cards on his "no buy list" or whatever he'll just stall the game out. This is lame, and honestly not sure if he's a bigger idiot for pulling this bs or if I am for continuing to play, nevertheless I feel there should be some recourse for this behavior. Is there any? Can we ban people who resort to this by email address? I know there's a lot of hearsay in this matter and it's not cut and dry. But it doesn't seem enough to just put them on my do not play list.

Oh yeah I'm not above calling them out publicly or whatever either, so yeah, don't play Muhaahaa.

And for the record I was beating him when he stalled out.

wodepigu

wodepigu:  why are you playing so slowly?
Muhaahaa:  cause i can rofl
wodepigu:  is it because I bought a gardens?
Muhaahaa:  mainly
wodepigu:  what's wrong with that?
Muhaahaa:  i told u not to
wodepigu:  what gives you the right to say that
Muhaahaa:  i dont know what
Muhaahaa:  but i do
Muhaahaa:  everyone usually listens

MusicalRose

I'm starting to notice some of this behavior too.  Multiple players over the last few days request to blacklist a card.  Usually they just resign and move on when I deny that request, but I had one player get abusive with me last night.  They requested I not play with Rebuild, and resigned before I even had a chance to reply under the assumption I'd just be cool with a re-roll like they said they wanted if I wouldn't agree not to use the card.  I left the table because I'm a pretty firm believer in learning to play with all the cards and that if special rules are needed then those players can play non-rated games. 

I played another game with a different opponent via automatch then got paired with this player a second time via automatch and decided to go ahead and play it out.  They started questioning me why I left and I said "I am not into 'blacklisting' cards."  They then proceeded to send 2 or 3 messages with no response from me justifying why they didn't want to play with that card.  I said "I have cards I hate too, but I play what I'm dealt," and I think near that point I also said I wasn't feeling like arguing about it.  They then started accusing me of being mad over a game, being unable to play it for fun, and being different from "all the other players" that apparently let them do this a lot. 

I told this player they were being pushy with me, but they continued to keep messaging me through the end of the game.  I told them I would blacklist them and I have, but it would be really nice to have some sort of reporting function so that we can alert the admin to users who are asking for special accommodations over pet cards they hate.  I don't mind the asking so much, but being badgered over refusing is unacceptable.  Seems like the OP has also been punished for simply saying no and it would be nice to avoid those kinds of characters and personalities on this game platform if possible. 

The user in question for me was Durgle, in case the OP wants to pre-block that user too.

wodepigu

Totally agree with "play with all the cards". Hah will keep an eye out for Durgle.

wodepigu

Oh man, one more to the list:

NeverBeSilenced:  boring kingdom
NeverBeSilenced:  slow play it is
NeverBeSilenced:  changing accounts hahaha
wodepigu:  apologies, ready to go
NeverBeSilenced:  too late cunt
wodepigu:  wtf is your problem dude
wodepigu:  alright will add you to the forum
NeverBeSilenced:  please do cunt
NeverBeSilenced:  it does fuck all
NeverBeSilenced:  add me to the forum
NeverBeSilenced:  muhaahaahaahaahaahaa

Can we ban these people ?!?!?!

Ingix

The accounts can easily be banned. The players behind them then just make a new free account, unfortunately.  >:(

schwindler

I can confirm "NeverBeSilenced" is such a player - super annoying and this is happening more and more. Very bad experience and I guess some will stop playing because of that. He / she is also using lots of swear words and is getting really offensive in the chat. Please ban!

Also think about some automatic prevention system:
- only one account per email
- automate detection of slow play and usage of swear words. Flag these users or freeze their accounts

joanesty

I've had this happen to me. The player said "no gardens" and when I asked why he said that, he got very abusive.

IceHot

All they need to do is add it to their personal ban list and they should be fine.

Not sure why anyone would want to ban Gardens.  What makes dominion great is the multiple layer of strategical choices....
Do I play attacks?
Do I play for the big cards?
Do I play to run the piles out?
Do I really need a second buy?
Will trashing be fast enough?
Are Provinces better than Colonies?
How many terminal actions can my deck handle in the first turn? the second turn?
When do I buy only green cards?

Those questions make the game interesting not what 2 cards are at the bottom of my deck after the 1st turn.

hotsambatcho

Got this today avoid him
jacoblumbos:  okay now im going to slow play you
jacoblumbos:  enjoy loser