Swindler not working consistently???

Previous topic - Next topic

santamonica811

Game 27781136, Turn 21
Game had Swindler and no defenders.  Swindler worked properly earlier in the game (ie, log shows opponent showing card from its deck, and I am given a choice of which replacement card I want to give Lord Rat).

But on turn 21, this did not happen.  I played Swindler, but was immediately taken to my Buy phase (see attached photo).  I should have been asked, "What 5-value (or 3-value, or 8 value, etc.) card do you want to select for Lord Rat?" and if I look at the game log, it should tell me which card Lord Rat had to trash due to the Swindler effect.

But on this turn (and in this game, ONLY on this particular turn), Swindler skipped the Attack portion.

Bug? Some other reason???

Ingix

As can be seen in the screenshot, Lord Rat has trashed down their deck to 5 cards, which they have all in their hand (or paw?). So Lord Rat has no deck to draw from and no discard pile. Since there is no card for Lord Rat to reveal, there is also no card to trash and no card for them to gain. That's why the game isn't asking you to select one.

santamonica811

Ah, I did not even think to check that.  Much thanks.  Another one of Lord Rat's weirder bugs. (In strategy, not in terms of game malfunctioning)  In some games, LR just engages in bizarre behavior, and those have been well-documented in other posts. 

One of the bugs that Shuffle will never get to before it loses control of Dominion, alas.  :-(