Slow Play Report

Previous topic - Next topic

Qualtagh

I joined a game with user SlowMoPartTwo and as soon as I joined he said in chat something to the effect of "I will take the maximum amount of time allowed by the game in all turns. He then proceeded to not do anything on his turn for several minutes, then clicked on one copper and several more minutes went by. I resigned from the game so as to not have to have my time wasted, but wanted to report him so hopefully he can get banned so others won't have to deal with this.

Thanks.

Ingix

Thanks for the report, Qualtagh!

You did the right thing by resigning and I hope you also blacklisted that account. As you may guess from your opponent's name, the user account SlowMo already existed at a time, and did the exact same thing (its now banned, AFAIK). So it's a good guess that the same person was behind it as is behind SlowMoPartTwo.

Banning SlowMoPartTwo will unfortunately only have one effect: There will be a SlowMoPart3, another free account that takes mere minutes to make. Different solutions have been proposed to combat that cycle, but a really good one that doesn't heavily seggregate free and paid accounts hasn't come up yet.