`Your client is too old' question

Previous topic - Next topic

Broccoli246

Hi. This post ended up being quite long - see the bottom for the tl;dr.

Had an interesting game against a highly ranked player (About 54... happy to name them but I don't necessarily want any action taken against them as this might have just been a one-off for bad spell for them.)

I thought the game was fun and I had the edge in what seemed to be the closing few turns. He/she then starts messaging me telling me how lucky i've been the whole game. I try to reply in a friendly/jokey way but that just makes them more annoyed. I say something along the lines of `well, if i've been lucky, then it will be more impressive if you beat me!' They reply `I won't beat you, but I'm not going to let a lotto player win'.

He/she then doesn't play anything for ages, and somehow manages to make dominion refresh before I can force resign them. I try to make some jokes in the chat to make them play... without much success.

The player then, for some reason, requests an undo but cancels it. I respond by saying that I'm happy to let them undo. They end up requesting an undo for the whole game. I decide to accept, and we start playing the game from the beginning again. After a few turns, I was able to get the upper hand...

But about 8-9 turns in, the player says `gg apples' and resigns. However, when i try to click `ok' and move to the victory page, an error message comes up saying something like `your client is too old. hold ctrl/cmd-refresh to reconnect'. However, when i refresh I do not join the game again, but get taken to the dominion.online home page...

So - I'm worried that no win went through? Would be a shame, considering I essentially beat them twice.

TLDR: 1. the player was some how able to not play anything whilst preventing me from force resigning them. 2. When the player resigned, either a) there was a random error, or b) they managed to prevent it counting as a win for me.

Thoughts?

Stef

If they resigned, you get the win (for rating purposes).
You just didn't get the victory screen because a new version was released in the meanwhile.
The system isn't flawless, but it's nice that it let's you play out your game on the old version.

Broccoli246