Login  |  Register

Author Topic: How do I make a complaint about another player?  (Read 426 times)

Offline kiwi101

• View Profile
How do I make a complaint about another player?
« on: 03 August 2019, 04:00:30 AM »
Hi,
I'd like to let you know that I am unhappy with the way another player was interacting with me. Here is the conversation thread:

[...]

I have blacklisted him/her, but also wanted to let you know.

Offline Stef

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How do I make a complaint about another player?
« Reply #1 on: 03 August 2019, 11:33:52 AM »
blacklisting is the appropriate response.
Please don't post the discussion on the forum.

My advice in most cases is: resign, blacklist, move on. Live is too beautiful to waste your time dealing with people like this. If you think it's really gone too far, you can report privately to a mod. In this case I banned this person.

Offline mrfiat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 November 2019, 11:43:51 PM »
Stef you could actually do something about all these complaints.  The forum is full of them and I have no idea how many complaints that I have sent you without a response.  :-(

Offline Ingix

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 November 2019, 09:52:40 AM »
First, complaints are seen and acted upon, but usually not commented upon here. The general idea behind this is not to get those trolls even more  publicity. That doesn't meen that everybody that is mentioned will be immdediately banned, but some kind of investigation usually happens.

Second, there is a principal problem trying to ban a certain person, when accounts can be made for free. I agree that some solution would be nice, but generally banning an account has only the effect of the person behind it making a new account. That new account now on 0 blacklists, instead of of the XX for the old one.

Your complaint about the problem is valid, but in a mix of free players and paying players there is no simple solition that doesn't suddenly make the free players second class citizens, which, if I understand Stef correctly, is something he wants to avoid.

Offline martygras

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 November 2019, 11:47:50 AM »
@Ingix, I agree with you completely, but some players troll other players (e.g. by playing extremely slowly) because they only care about their rating score. It's frustrating to play against such sore losers and I feel taking away their account will certainly help avoiding them.