How do I make a complaint about another player?

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwi101

Hi,
I'd like to let you know that I am unhappy with the way another player was interacting with me. Here is the conversation thread:

[...]

I have blacklisted him/her, but also wanted to let you know.

Stef

blacklisting is the appropriate response.
Please don't post the discussion on the forum.

My advice in most cases is: resign, blacklist, move on. Live is too beautiful to waste your time dealing with people like this. If you think it's really gone too far, you can report privately to a mod. In this case I banned this person.

mrfiat

Stef you could actually do something about all these complaints.  The forum is full of them and I have no idea how many complaints that I have sent you without a response.  :-(

Ingix

First, complaints are seen and acted upon, but usually not commented upon here. The general idea behind this is not to get those trolls even more  publicity. That doesn't meen that everybody that is mentioned will be immdediately banned, but some kind of investigation usually happens.

Second, there is a principal problem trying to ban a certain person, when accounts can be made for free. I agree that some solution would be nice, but generally banning an account has only the effect of the person behind it making a new account. That new account now on 0 blacklists, instead of of the XX for the old one.

Your complaint about the problem is valid, but in a mix of free players and paying players there is no simple solition that doesn't suddenly make the free players second class citizens, which, if I understand Stef correctly, is something he wants to avoid.

martygras

@Ingix, I agree with you completely, but some players troll other players (e.g. by playing extremely slowly) because they only care about their rating score. It's frustrating to play against such sore losers and I feel taking away their account will certainly help avoiding them.

irata

This isn't rocket science folks.   Stopping trolls isn't that hard.   One simple fix would be to
require SMS verification for an account.  If the person trolls, then ban them by phone #.   All the major services are doing this now and it works.   

Get rid of the undo option.  It is horrible and starts so many fights when you refuse undo.

Have a global blacklist.   Make a smarter timer that detects people slow playing.   The current timer is extremely simple.   Allow timed games where you only have X number of minutes to complete the game.  Give us a mute function for the chat.   Have a report button to report trolls that sends the chat/game logs to the admin who will take action.   Make it so the game doesn't start until we hit accept, the whole jumping into a game without saying ok is lame.  Allow us to see the cards and who we are playing BEFORE the game starts.   Iso had this and it worked great! 

Give us the option only to play with paying players if we want.  We are the customers, shouldn't we get what we want?

Or allow Isotropic to go back online for free and I will play over there.  Their interface was much better and faster than the one here.   I think if Isotropic went back online, the majority of the good players would play over there and this site would just be full of trolls.  (It already is)  :-(

santamonica811

Irata,
What about for players (like me) who have been dues-paying members for years...including at the prior online sites, but who do NOT have mobile phones?  I like your idea in concept (to reduce the number of a**hole players who are rude here, get banned, and just open up another free account).  But I think there ought to be a few different ways to verify an account, no?

jackDozen

Quote from: irata on 19 December 2019, 04:58:45 AM
This isn't rocket science folks.   Stopping trolls isn't that hard.   One simple fix would be to
require SMS verification for an account.  If the person trolls, then ban them by phone #.   All the major services are doing this now and it works.   

SMS verification sounds like a good idea but there are plenty ways to get around it. Plenty!!

Kameyou

no ban, but at least give us a "problem player list"?

i just played a game with a similar level player, the spectator started talking crap. Then I made a response, the player just replied a mean word...