German Forum Thread

Previous topic - Next topic

GoDliKe

Could you get a subforum in German in the near future? ???
God save the screen

Ingix

I guess if you ask in German, most non-German players will immediately see that it is not in their languange and ignore the thread. Any German speaker will look into it and answer/respond, if they want to.

Höchstwahrscheinlich bin ich dann dieser deutschsprachige Nutzer.

santamonica811

Quote from: Ingix on 21 August 2019, 04:10:54 PM
I guess if you ask in German, most non-German players will immediately see that it is not in their languange and ignore the thread. Any German speaker will look into it and answer/respond, if they want to.

"Most likely I am then this German-speaking users."
Google Translate is fun!!!   ;D

dane

Quote from: Ingix on 21 August 2019, 04:10:54 PM

Well, some non-German players would probably read it too, but if, like me, their ability to write German is vastly inferior to their ability to read it, you might have to put up with replies in another language.

Ingix

English:
The main point of my answer is that forum activity is at the moment so low that
a) one or two German threads (or any other language) should not be difficult for English speakers to ignore and
b) finding German content will be easy if you use the forum ability to mark new content: It's maybe 2-3 new posts per day generally, so looking through them and finding any German content should be easy. A German only subforum would probably get only new 2-3 threads a month, after maybe an initial phase.

Deutsch:
Hauptpunkt meiner Antwort ist dass die Forumaktivität im Momement so gering is, dass
a) 1 oder 2 deutsche (oder anderssprachige) Threads es für englischsprechende Nutzer nicht besonders schwer macht, diese zu ignorieren und
b) das Finden deutscher Inhalte auch einfach ist, wenn man die Forumsfunktion nutzt, sich neue Beiträge extra markieren zu lassen. Bei vielleicht 2-3 neuen Beiträgen pro Tag sollte das machbar sein. Ein rein deutschsprachiges Forum würde geschätzt nur 2-3 neue Threads pro Monat haben, nach einer gewissen Anfangsphase.