News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Fleet

Previous topic - Next topic

fp

I was recently in a game with nasmith99. We both purchased Fleet, however, once the game started Fleet turns, the game ended abruptly. I suspect the issue in this case was that the end-game trigger occurs with 4 exhausted piles, including the Province pile.  I do not have the game log ID because the game ended abruptly.

fp

It was game #30099261 on oregon.

Ingix

Thanks for the report, fp!

Unfortunately, the game doesn't load, which can be a sign that something strange is going on.

Do you remember what triggered the game end and caused Fleet turns? Provinces gone or 3 piles empty?

I tried a few scenarios (end on 3-pile, buy last Province in first fleet turn and vice versa), but all of them worked out as they should. Your kingdom had Experiments and Encampments, which may fool a player into thinking the game is over to early on a 3-pile, but this shouldn't happen to the game.

When you say the game ended abruply, I assume it ended after the first fleet turn, or did it end mid-turn?
From the Dombot info it seems that nasmith99 started the game and it ended after a turn they took. Can you confirm this?

fp

Quote from: Ingix on 29 August 2019, 09:11:00 AM
Thanks for the report, fp!

Unfortunately, the game doesn't load, which can be a sign that something strange is going on.

Do you remember what triggered the game end and caused Fleet turns? Provinces gone or 3 piles empty?

I tried a few scenarios (end on 3-pile, buy last Province in first fleet turn and vice versa), but all of them worked out as they should. Your kingdom had Experiments and Encampments, which may fool a player into thinking the game is over to early on a 3-pile, but this shouldn't happen to the game.

The empty piles included: Province, Curse, Encampment/Plunder, and Nobles. The Province and Nobles and Curses were emptied on the "final" turn, triggering the Fleet turns.

When you say the game ended abruply, I assume it ended after the first fleet turn, or did it end mid-turn?

From the Dombot info it seems that nasmith99 started the game and it ended after a turn they took. Can you confirm this?

I believe it was mid-turn. nansmith99 did not appear to execute a full turn (those turns were long). That is, I beleive  the game ended in the middle of the first Fleet turn.

I vividly remember that the game log listed the turn (before crashing) as "Fleet", however, unless I am missing something, I never got my Fleet turn.

Ingix

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to set up a similar game and see what happens.