Please delete my account

Previous topic - Next topic

Solofo

Please delete my account (username: Solofo)

Being insulted while learning the game is not a fun experience at all.  Thanks

Ingix

I forwarded your request to Stef (game developer).

santamonica811

Sorry to lose you.  New players are, generally-speaking, welcomed by most of us.  If you decide to try again in the future, I have 2 (and a half) substantive suggestions that will likely help.  (They helped me, anyway.) :-)

1.  Play a bunch of games with the computer (ie, Lord Ratt).  That way, you will have the chance to learn all the new cards BEFORE you play against 1-3 live player(s).  The online game makes this very very easy.  you can pick specific cards.  Or you can pick random cards from any or all specific kingdoms--both great ways to slowly learn any cards you want.
2(a).  When you do start to play with real people, take 10 seconds at the very beginning to tell people in the game chat, "Hi, I am a beginning player."  In my experience, that makes a HUGE difference.  Of course a beginner takes 30-60 seconds at the start of the game to look quickly at the cards, to make sure he/she knows each one, and more-experienced players understand that.
2(b).  Related to the above; if you need extra time later on in a game, take 10 seconds to write this in chat.  If someone suddenly takes 2 minutes on a single turn halfway through a game, I will be thinking, "This person is deliberately slow-playing for some reason."  But if they first write, "Sorry.  Thinking.", then I know what's going on.  I have even had beginning players ask me for advice on a move . . . I'm not super-competitive, and I'm always happy to give suggestions, even if it results in me losing that game.

Hope to see you here down-the-road.