Crown auto-play doesn't work when you have Villagers

Previous topic - Next topic

JW

Since the recent large update, the "end actions phase" auto play for Crown does not seem to be working.

Edit: what was happening is "1) If you have Villagers, the game thinks you might want to convert them to Actions, so doesn't auto-advance to the buy phase".

Ingix

Thanks for the report, JW!

I can't however reproduce your problem. In a few test games the autoplay worked for me the moment I had only Crowns in hand + non-Actions.

Please check first if the autoplay is actually set to "smart ask" for the Crown. Maybe you indadvertatly changed it when you wanted to change a different option.

There are a few situations where the autoplay doesn't work for technical reasons, but they are not due to the latest update:

1) If you have Villagers, the game thinks you might want to convert them to Actions, so doesn't auto-advance to the buy phase

2) If you have played Actions this turn and have a Coin of the Realm on the Tavern mat, the option to call the Coin will always be present. The Crown autoplay will not work, thinking the player might want to call the Coin.

If it's neither of those cases, then it looks like it's a bug, but probably only happening in specific situations. If you rememeber with whom you played or even the game number that could help finding the issue.

JW

Quote from: Ingix on 03 October 2019, 09:25:45 AM
1) If you have Villagers, the game thinks you might want to convert them to Actions, so doesn't auto-advance to the buy phase

Thank you!  I think this is what was happening, I just never noticed it before the recent update.  If Crown is the only action in your hand, outside of Diadem (or the typically-banned Possession) I can't see any reasonably common situation where you'd want to stay in the Action phase in order to use Villagers.  So I'd suggest that Auto Play for Crown move to the buy phase regardless of whether you have Villagers. 

Coin on the Realm is a little bit different, because you might want to call it so that you can play it for $1 in a future turn, even if there's no use of the actions right now.     

santamonica811

JW,
If Peddler is in the game, it makes sense, of course, to use all possible actions, yes?

Ingix

Peddler counts Action cards in play, not "Actions" that allow you to play Action cards. So in that sense calling Coin of the Realm doesn't help you directly. And Peddler will count a Crown in play as an Action card, no matter when it was played.

santamonica811