Matching algorithm seems to have slowed down (esp. for 3-player queue)

Previous topic - Next topic

Megas_Droungarios

The matching algorithm seems to have been updated, and the update isn't an improvement.  Until the past few days if I joined the 3-player queue only and there were eight more so people in it (counting # in queue minus # looking for practice games, since I'm only looking for a rated game) I'd match in a minute or two.  Lately even with ten or more by that count, I haven't been matching after even a five or ten minute wait.

The 2-player queue seems slower, too, but not as drastically as the 3-player.  If there was a change, change it back, please.

Ingix

I seriouisly doubt that any change took place, usually that's announced in a small post.

Also, you can't that easly determine the number of players waiting for a rated 3 player game, because the #looking for practice games also includes those looking for 2-player practice games.

Did you maybe loose or win much in recent days? That may have affected your rating and drove either your 'usual opponents' out of your accepected range or vice versa.

Megas_Droungarios

Quote from: Ingix on 05 October 2019, 09:31:29 AM
I seriouisly doubt that any change took place, usually that's announced in a small post.

Also, you can't that easly determine the number of players waiting for a rated 3 player game, because the #looking for practice games also includes those looking for 2-player practice games.

Did you maybe loose or win much in recent days? That may have affected your rating and drove either your 'usual opponents' out of your accepected range or vice versa.

I'm aware of being able to view the queue counts (that's how I observed that when # waiting for 3-player minus # wanting practice game is 8 or more I used to get matched quickly, but don't match now even when that count is over 10).  And no, my rating has not changed drastically -- as usual it's hovering in the mid-to-upper 50's on the 3-player board.

GoDliKe

It is unfortunately played more 1vs1, but the waiting time is also dependent on your rank. If you are too good a player for other filters that may not you
God save the screen