Reporting a Player - Ickedettewa

Previous topic - Next topic

pastorshooty

I have played this person several times and each time they intentionally slow down the game (2-3 minutes between turns) and speak rudely. I would like this person banned from the game. I can provide screenshots to the mods upon request.

Ingix

Thanks for reporting the issue. Please send me a private message so you can send the screenshots.

A personal solution to such occurances (especially for something that might not be ban-worthy but still irritates you) is to blacklist a player. That's done by clicking the lightning bolt icon in the end-of-game screen after you've played them. That means they are not automatched with you.

jackDozen

so currently I am too stuck with this player in the same game (#31298057)
I am little confused as to why the mods here are not taking these complaints seriously? Is it because he paid for the cards? Because if a player has a paid subscription, ideally he should be afraid to pull up nonsense like this, but lack of moderation do make them more confident that what they are doing is okay. I have joined online platform 2 months ago and I wanted to get a feel of the game before committing financially, and I dont think its an entitlement from a paid user to ask to take swift action against such players. Is it?

jsh

Quote from: jackDozen on 04 October 2019, 09:56:39 PM
so currently I am too stuck with this player in the same game (#31298057)
I am little confused as to why the mods here are not taking these complaints seriously? Is it because he paid for the cards? Because if a player has a paid subscription, ideally he should be afraid to pull up nonsense like this, but lack of moderation do make them more confident that what they are doing is okay. I have joined online platform 2 months ago and I wanted to get a feel of the game before committing financially, and I dont think its an entitlement from a paid user to ask to take swift action against such players. Is it?

The complaints are taken seriously, but there seriously isn't much we can do, since people can just start new accounts and harass the same users over and over again. I know because I have seen it happen repeatedly.

At some point, hopefully there are better moderation tools. Until then, I highly recommend just blacklisting problem users. Getting them banned is not actually going to help, and could in fact do the opposite.

jackDozen

I am confused but may be you can help clarify this. If I buy a subscription and pay some amount (lets say monthly for now) and one of the moderator blocks me for being out of the line, even though I can create another account yes, but wouldnt I lose the initial amount I paid for my sub?

Megas_Droungarios

I can report the same behavior.  He miscalculated how long to take between click and I got to force a resignation, but he deliberately played very slowly and trash-talked in German the whole game.

Ingix

Quote from: jackDozen on 05 October 2019, 12:05:01 AM
I am confused but may be you can help clarify this. If I buy a subscription and pay some amount (lets say monthly for now) and one of the moderator blocks me for being out of the line, even though I can create another account yes, but wouldnt I lose the initial amount I paid for my sub?

Yes, you would loose your paid amount for the banned account. But all indications point to the strong assumption that all these harassers and slow players are not players with a subscription.

Just a few days ago an account was banned after several complaints, then a yesterday I saw new complaints about a similarly named account. Chances are that it is the same person behind, and that it took them less time to make that new account and start again than us discussing it.

Besides any money paid (which they haven't), the only tangible thing you get playing here is your rating. I think they don't care much about it, so they have no problem starting over.

Qaanol

Quote from: Ingix on 05 October 2019, 09:07:24 AM
But all indications point to the strong assumption that all these harassers and slow players are not players with a subscription.

I can verify that user Ickedettewa does have a subscription, and is still harassing and slow-playing.

I am currently in a game against him (game #31397548), and this game uses cards for which I do not have a subscription. Therefore Ickedettewa has a subscription.

He has a rating of 50.42, which indicates he has put some amount of time and effort into that account.

And he is harassing in both German and English, while not playing at all and wasting time.

Note that this is the 2nd game in a row I played against him. The first game he played normally, and I won. Then the second game he started trash-talking and wasting time.

jackDozen

He has created a new account now. With subscription. Now his name is Dailylama ....what fun..

jackDozen

He has created a new account now. With subscription. Now his name is Dailylama ....what fun..