Buggy interface - Gamelog scroll problem

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyHard

It is really annoying, that the gamelog needs manual scrolling "from time to time".

How can it be, that such a crutial part of the game (IMHO it shouldn't be, but that's beside the point), is not fixed?

Many of the interactions cannot be seen without looking at the gamelog. And more often than not, the gamelog is somewhere in the middle. Not at the end where it should be.

I cannot believe that this has not been fixed for such a long time!

Ingix

The main problem after an undo is IMO fixed. I'm not aware of any other cases where scrolling stops without a reason.

I think if you scroll back the log to see what has already "scrolled away", it may not continue to scroll further, unless you manually scroll it back down.

SkyHard

You are wrong Ingix. In game #31902337 it just happened again. No undos and I did no scrolling of the log.

I think it was the interaction between the Ghost and Crossroads in Turn 24. It happened before and in Turn 27 it happened again.

As a side note, it the bug has been fixed, why is it still in the "known interface issues"?

Ingix

I'll look at this, thanks for the game info.

And it is listed in the "known issues" section because I forgot to delete it  :(

I'll keep it there for the moment because apparently it still exists.

SkyHard

Quote from: Ingix on 22 October 2019, 07:17:08 PM
I'll keep it there for the moment because apparently it still exists.

It has nothing to do with the undo bug postet in the "known issues". It does not jump to the beginning after an undo but it stops scrolling. Two complete different things. BTW it still happens and is still very annoying.

For example #40088784 on tokyo around Turn 13. Funny enough, after an undo, the log was back to normal!

santamonica811

It's happened to me, recently.  Just, suddenly, game log was not at the most current spot.  In the past, this seemed to be tied to using Undo.  I never experienced this game log issue in other situations.  But in the past week or so, it's happened to me 2-3 times.  (Not frequently, so it was so little of an issue I didn't even think of it as a possible bug till I saw the OP.)