Tiny Error with Sceptre in Opponent's Discard Pile

Previous topic - Next topic

EarlS

When I saw a sceptre in my opponent's discard pile, it appeared to have some debt in its cost.

I guess it technically has some amount of debt in its cost, it's just that the amount is zero, so that hexagon's a bit confusing.

Ingix

Thanks for the report!

I tried to replicate this, but it didn't happen when I tried. Do you by chance know the game number of that game or against whom you played it?

EarlS

Weeeeeeeeird! I can't replicate it either. And I've tried a LOT of stuff.

I can't remember the game or the opponent . . . but, like, that's a screencap. It happened!

Ingix

Yes, because it seems to be something that rarely happens, it having the game number would have been nice. Well, if I see it, I'll be sure to note it down.

EarlS

I've seen it again twice now, with different cards in the discard pile. So it's definitely not a Sceptre thing.

I think it might be related to having Fortune in the kingdom.

I noticed it when spectating Dan Brooks' recent match. Game 31084629 on Turn 18, but I haven't been able to recreate it with Rattington.

When playing around with that seed, I also observed that Fortune sometimes loses the debt symbol in the opponent's discard pile. Part of the same issue?

Ingix

Yes, that could be. It might be that when the top card changes, from a card with debt cost to a card without (or vice versa), something may go wrong.

Thanks for the update!

EarlS

YES! That's it.

You can load this game from my perspective, hit "End Actions" and "End Buys" and watch exactly what you describe happen when Lord Rattington completes his turn.