Cannot connect to metaserver: Certificate Date Invalid

Previous topic - Next topic

rob2e

twsb

xtruffles

This is a known issue, Stef is working on it.

It has to do with SSL certificates, so if you want to get around it [for now], you can set your computers date to be yesterday. That will be temporary solution if you want to play right now.

Stef

Sorry people, that took way longer then I wanted it to. Issue has been finally resolved now. Sorry to the people who tried to play in the last ~5 hours.

eclecticactress

It worked for a bit with the date change on my computer but now it doesn't work at all - with a past date or the current date.

Ingix

I just logged in and there was no problem.

I'd reset your clock to the current correct time, then maybe reboot the PC or at least close and reopen your browser. That should clear up any wrong time the browser may be using.

pablominion

I'm still seeing the issue (or a similar one) even after rebooting. It's been at least 3 days that I cannot access the system.

Ingix

Are you using Chrome? It seems the new version of that browser is giving these errors (not sure what the technical reason is and what can be done about it). You might try another browser in the mean time.

grep

Chrome Version 80.0.3987.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)

It was failing in metaserver, and now it fails to set up websocket connection on game start.

Stuck in "Reconnecting..."
Got this in debug console:
connection.js:10 WebSocket connection to 'wss://tokyo.dominion-online.com/'; failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

Tried from different networks, most likely not a firewall

Ingix

@pablominion, @grep:

Since Chrome takes the root certificates from the OS, it looks like the used OS may play a role in wether someone is affected or not. Stef has for example also upgraded to Chrome Version 80.0.3987.87 (Official Build) (64-bit) and has no issues.

Could you state the OS's you are running under, with major version number if you know it (like Windows 10, or macOS Mojave).

pablominion

Ingix

At the moment it seems that Linux users are affected and upgrading Chrome to version 80.0.3987.100 has fixed the issue for 1 player and another player who 'started' with that version never had the problem.

So I'm cautiously optimistic that this may help.  :)

It would be nice if affected players could post their results here, once they have switched.

pablominion

I've updated past version .100 and the issue seems resolved indeed. I could login, start a game and buy a card on my first turn. Console looks clean. Now, let's finish that game.