Can you do something about InYaFaceDonk?

Previous topic - Next topic

apartment15

I'm playing him currently and he's pretty upset that I seem to have the advantage on him. Not only is he stalling as mentioned in numerous other posts. He's quite demeaning. Do we really need to tolerate someone like him? He's even boasting to me that this forum will do nothing about his account. And that he has multiple accounts. Can you please look into my game with him, read the herassment and do something about him?

Game #34601694 on frankfurt

Here is another thread talking about his antics.

http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php?topic=3834.0

Seriously. Please! do something.

apartment15

Here's a screen shot of his lovely comments. There are a lot more.

apartment15

Here is another screen shot. All new insults. Also mentions that he has multiple accounts. Seriously. Do something.

apartment15

Now he's suggesting that the administrators of this site are incapable of doing anything to prevent someone like him. And now he's making actual threats to me.

Ingix

InYaFaceDonk banned!

For a bit of background,

1) I don't think they have your IP. Everything is server based in the game, we can't have client A directly communicate with client B, because that makes it possible for client A to lie, when hacked: "Yes, I totally draw 3 Platinum with my Smithy! And why are you worried that this happened the 10th time in a row?" Even the chat goes to the server, because when spectating there are options to remove spectator chat from what the players see.

But I didn't make the game, so there could be something that exposes your IP to an opponent.

2) Even if they have the IP, they would need access to your ISP's logs to find out who you are. The ability for the FBI in crime shows to instantly pin down where you live when they get your IP is most likely highly fictional. Your opponent does not even have those resources.

That's a simple threat made by bullies to make you feel uncomfortable, because there is just enough credibility that someone might think it possible. All the cases of SWATing I've read about involve the SWATer getting personal information from the victim via chat first (if somebody has your name and home town, the threat to find out where you live is much more real).

apartment15

Thanks @Ingix

What about his claim that he has many accounts and plans on harassing through those accounts. Anything you can do there?

Ingix

The nature of free accounts is that they are free, and since email addresses are also easy to come by, the way it currently stands is that it is hard to prevent the same player just making a new free account.

They can be banned from that account as well, and that has happened in the past, several times in a row. We can be relatively sure that it was the same person, as the new names were not very creative. OTOH, the same player has used many differnt IP addresses, so its hard to know before hand if a new account belongs to an old offender.