Making Fun Account Transition

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Wiebe

Hi,

I had a Dominion account at makingfun (I know, I know, it's been a long time), and I'd like to transition that account to here. I never received any information about how to transfer to this new site, but I had purchased every expansion available at the time, and I'd rather not spend a lot more money on something I already paid for. If someone could help me with this, that would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you.

santamonica811

There were a ton of posts about this, back when the transition was done.  We who paid for everything before, alas, had/have to pay again.  One consolation was that we got a free year here.  It's been a really really long time, so I'm not sure if they'd do this for you.  But it can't hurt to ask, of course.  :) 

But other than that free year...nope, you gotta pay again.  (Note: there is no lifetime purchases any more, so at least you know that you are buying a temporary subscription--by the month or annually--so it's easy to calculate if you think it's worth it or not.)

Ingix

Hi Jeff,

the bad news at the start: All you can (maybe) get is your old username back. Otherwise, you're like every new user now.  :(

You paid money to a different company (Making Fun or Goko) that sold you something for life, when they only had a time-limited license to run a Dominion game online. Maybe that license was extended once or twice, but at some time it wasn't. All the "old users" got (or should have gotten) an email with information about the transition.

Such "old users" got a free year of whichever expansions they "owned" on Making Fun/Goko. However, that was only valid for 1 year in 2017.

Shuffle iT sells the expansions just for a limited time, then you have to repurchase. It's not as nice as buying something for life, but its at least honest to the players. You can't for example buy for longer than they have the license (end of 2021, AFAIK).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I know this is not the message you wanted to hear.  :(

Jeff Wiebe

Hi josh bornstein and Ingix. While that wasn't what I was hoping to hear, I appreciate your response. Thanks for filling me in!