Scrap and Way of the Turtle (because of only one option to trash)

Previous topic - Next topic

LibraryAdventurer

Game #36745413 on frankfurt. Turn 11
First time, I played Scrap, I meant to trash a copper. 2nd time, I wanted to use Way of the Turtle, but it trashed another copper automatically because there was only one option to trash (copper), and I wasn't able to play it as a turtle.

Ingix

I think you misclicked or just weren't sure about the interface (no problem during the preview).

In order for you to use a Way on a card you play from your hand, you need to click on the Way-button on the card. Clicking anywhere else on the card will play the card normally.

For playing the first Scrap, I assume you have clicked on the card, and it lets you choose a card from your hand to trash. Note that this is already Scrap resolving, you did not use the Way of the Turtle and wasn't asked about that.

For playing the second Scrap, I assume you again clicked on the card (not in the area of the Way button), so again Scrap started resolving, and since you only had Copper in hand it trashed one, and since you get 0 effects from trashing a Copper, it didn't need to ask you anything.

On my replay, when I click on the Way button on the second Scrap, it works as it should: The card is set aside and, no other effects happen now.

dane

When I was playing some preview games, I sometimes became confused when Throning an Action because I forgot that how the Action was played the first time had been determined by how I clicked on the card, so the question about the Way to play the Action was referring to the second play of it.

In games with Way of the Ox I also found that when confronted with multiple terminal Actions I would spend a few seconds deciding which one to Ox, and then thoughtlessly click on the wrong part of it.  Lord Rattington was of course always very obliging when I requested an undo, but a human opponent might not have been (especially in those instances when the incorrect play had drawn cards).

For both of the above reasons I would really like to be able to set an option that would cause the "Consider the Way" prompt to appear whenever I played an Action in a game where there is a Way.  Yes, I'd have to do a lot more clicking, but I already have to do that when discarding or trashing, given that I have the option set to request confirmation.  Overall this probably speeds my play up as I don't have to be so paranoid about the possibility that I'm making a mistake.

Ingix

We heard that request several times. I assume it will not be done for the release, but finding good ways to incooperate Ways into the game was a big part of the online playtesting. We'll see what happens and if there are good ways so that both "I don't want to click much" players and "I want to be asked each time" players can play and enjoy the games.