Snowy Village + Nobles

Previous topic - Next topic

nibbit

Game #36589778 on oregon.

I tried playing Snowy Village then Nobles against Lord Rattington, and then chose +2 Actions. Instead of deducting one action, it gave me one action (I had 2 Actions, then played Nobles with the Actions option, then had 2 Actions). Is the system set up to deduct one action when Snowy Village is played, rather than to ignore all +Actions?

Stef

Quote from: nibbit on 05 March 2020, 05:03:43 PM
Game #36589778 on oregon.

I tried playing Snowy Village then Nobles against Lord Rattington, and then chose +2 Actions. Instead of deducting one action, it gave me one action (I had 2 Actions, then played Nobles with the Actions option, then had 2 Actions). Is the system set up to deduct one action when Snowy Village is played, rather than to ignore all +Actions?

no, the system is set up to let +actions not work.

I reloaded your game but can't find the point in the game you're referring to.
I see you play Snowy Village and then Nobles, but then that just costs an action, no matter what I choose.
Also there was a turn where you used Way of the Turtle to set Snowy Village aside, and then played a Nobles. In that case the Snowy Village effect doesn't apply.

Is it possible you got confused by Way of the Turtle?

nibbit

That's probably it. Sorry and thanks for checking!

You've done a great job with these previews!

Ingix

I also looked into it. Another guess as what happened is that you looked at your Action counter only after you already played Nobles and it is presenting you with the choice of +2 Actions or +3 Cards. Of course, the Action counter had already decreased by 1 at this point for you playing the Nobles, so choosing +2 Actions didn't do anything (as it should).