Card lists not being registered in games

Previous topic - Next topic

kmp5040

Hello,

I've played in three games where my card lists are not registered in the game. For example, if I have a card that's on my banned list, it will show up in the game, and in the log there is no dialogue that says that my banned cards have a 0% chance of displaying. I've tried to remedy the issue by revisiting my card lists and reentering my banned cards and that's been a temporary fix but then I'll find myself in another game where the card lists aren't registering. I first noticed this issue last weekend. Any help or insight as to what's going on would be much appreciated!

Ingix

Hi kmp5040, thanks for the report!

Are you

a) a 'free' player (no current subscription), and
b) your opponent was either a bot or also a 'free' player?

Then this behavior is by design, though I'd say it doesn't make much sense when playing bots.

When playing another 'free' player (or a bot), only the 26 cards of the base set are available for the kingdom. If a player can ban 5 of them, that can severely restrict the type of kingdom that is possble. Ban Village, Festival and Throne Room, and no player will ever have more than 1 Action. Ban Bandit, Bureaurocrat, Militia and Witch, and all attacks are gone, etc.

So the decision was made in base-only games not to apply the lists in the automatch queues. As I said above, it shouldn't IMO be applied to bot games, but it is.

kmp5040

I am a free player, but and all these games where this has occurred has been in games with a subscriber. I don't have any banned cards from the base game. I think that they were all rated games, but one of them may have been with the menagerie trial.

Stef

Hi kmp5040,

I'm sorry but you don't give me enough details to actually investigate.
Could you write down the game number next time you think something goes wrong?
That helps a lot when looking through the logs.

Ingix

Thanks to your help with the game numbers, kmp5040, Stef figured the  problem out. We'll test a bit more, to see if everything now works.

kmp5040

Thank you for your help. I'm continuing to experience the issue, though. Here is another game ID: 37084172.

Ingix

I assume the fix will go live with the Mengerie release (hopefully in some 35h).