Can't join friend's "table" due to email confirmation status error

Previous topic - Next topic

16BitSam

When I try to join a game hosted by my friend, I can't hit the "Ready" button; I get this error: "You can't host a game before confirming your email."  This is confusing because 1. I'm not hosting the game, and 2. I already successfully confirmed my email.  If I try confirming my email again, I get a popup from dominion.games saying "Internal error."  I think maybe there was a problem importing my email address from the old Dominion online system (I used the link from the old email), and there is some kind of account confusion going on.  I actually have two different user names, now, and they both have the same issue.  Can someone straighten this out for me, please?

Ingix

From what I can tell, your email (on account "16BitSam") is correctly confirmed, so this isn't the problem.
Can you state your other account name, so I can look at that as well?

If you can tell your friend's account name, I can ask the developer to look for any problems that might have come up when you two had a table.

16BitSam

My second account is "Gyromite7"; if we can straighten out the first account, it's fine to delete that one.  My friend who was hosting the table is "jcomiskey".

Ingix

Your friend isn't confirmed, so they can't host a game. I guess when the server finally finds this out at the supposed start of game, it sends the message to other players as well.

16BitSam

Ingix

Today's client version added additional checks for this when a table is created. That way the problem becomes apparent at this time, when it is clear who is "to blame" for it, rather than when the last player joins, and the error message is pointing to the wrong player.