Problems with oregon server?

Previous topic - Next topic

HennesIX

Hi,

on last Wednesday (2 days ago) we played with 4 guys. I had a veeeeeeeeery big lag. One of us had severe problems and was lagging like hell. We had to wait for him several minutes each and every turn. He also had to wait and saw a different log and everything than like the rest of us.

Today we noticed the exact same thing with him and the oregon server. The game before we played on tokyo server and everything was smooth.

Any recommendations?

Best regards
Hennes

Ingix

Unfortunately, there is not a lot you can do, probably besides playing at another time.

More players are playing the game as before (Menagerie release, people more at home due to Corona virus measures) and the servers don't really cope well.

Stef (the game developer) is very aware of that and a new play server (Ohio) has been created and the database server has been upgraded. I won't go into details (which I myself don't all understand), but the work to find the bottleneck and eleminate it is still going on.

I'm not sure how the play servers are selected for each game, but when it gets crouded, it lags for all. In addition, it seems you are from Germany, so playing on Oregon (located AFAIK near the physical location of that city) will cause additional lag. That was noticable already long before when the load was smaller.