h0w to find ratings; how to search topics?

Previous topic - Next topic

santamonica811

1.  How do I look up my own rating?  I went to my own profile, but it was not under Profile Info>Summary or under Profile Info>Stats.  Where is it hidden?

2.  How does one search these message boards?  I sometimes have a question about a particular card.  But I see no way to search for that card by name...so I just post my question here, which likely results in duplicative posts.  A lot of/most sites have a search bar, but I can't find where it is on this site.  (I assume scores of people have already posted questions about finding their rating--or of a friend--but since I can't figure out a way to search for that question . . . .)  :-)

Ingix

Quote from: josh bornstein on 31 March 2020, 11:50:11 AM
1.  How do I look up my own rating?  I went to my own profile, but it was not under Profile Info>Summary or under Profile Info>Stats.  Where is it hidden?

The forum account and in-game account are separate, though many players have accounts with the same name on both. So there is no way to find your rating here in the forums. One way to find it is to log into the game, then switch to the "Leaderboard" tab. If you scroll down the leaderboard, you'll find your rating/ranking (in blue).

Quote from: josh bornstein on 31 March 2020, 11:50:11 AM
2.  How does one search these message boards?  I sometimes have a question about a particular card.  But I see no way to search for that card by name...so I just post my question here, which likely results in duplicative posts.  A lot of/most sites have a search bar, but I can't find where it is on this site.  (I assume scores of people have already posted questions about finding their rating--or of a friend--but since I can't figure out a way to search for that question . . . .)  :-)

You need to scroll up any page on the forum as much as possible. There there is a menu with gray text on black background, it starts with "Home, Help, Search...".

If you click "Search", then you can enter a search phrase, an age of the message you are searching for and (below) limit it to a number of subboards.

santamonica811

Thanks.  Was easy to find via "Leaderboard."

I would *swear* that the Search was not there before (kidding).  I hunted and hunted...can't believe I overlooked it each time I searched for, well, Search.  Much thanks for the info/location.

Madammadcap81

I am unable to search or scroll in Leaderboard. I am using Chrome, is that an issue? thanks!

Ingix

I wasn't aware that the leaderboard can be searched! How do you do this? Or are you talking about searching the forum?

Scrolling should work of course and for me it works in Firefox/Chrome on Windows. If you have no or only very few players on your friend list, then the screen space is often enhough to show the top 20 and you, so no need to scroll.

santamonica811

I just scrolled down in Leaderboard.  Since my username was highlighted, it was extremely easy to find myself.

JohannRibert

Concerning the leaderboard: I can only see some of my friends and also I can't find my self on it. I would like to see my rank on the leaderboard. Is there something I can do? Searching the page for my Username has no results.

Ingix

Not seeing yourself is strange. How many rated games have you played (this number is also stated to the right of the leaderboard). If you don't mind, you can post here or send me (via email) a screenshot of your leaderboard tab.

JohannRibert

Thank you for your reply. Here is the screenshot. JohannRibert should be on it, but I can't find my name.

Ingix

No rated games (see the "0" next to "games"), no entry in the Leaderboard!

Once the ratings are updated (hopefully soon), your new rated games will show up. Now I noticed that you signed up "a long time ago" (not just last week). It seems you never played rated games. Was that by choice or by accident. Are you sure that your recent games were rated?

JohannRibert

Yes, I'm sure that I played at least one rated game (about 5 min ago; 00:15 UTC+2 03.04.2020) and I'm pretty sure that the games I played before were also rated at least some of them. At the moment I can't see a change. I will wait till Saturday and then check again.

Thanks for your help.