Village Green/Cavalry bug

Previous topic - Next topic

JKRich

game #37698260 on oregonTurn 11 (v. 2 bots) -- I ended my action phase using my final action to play Village Green, then selecting to defer it until the next turn. In my buy phase I bought Cavalry, assuming it would return me to my action phase. It did not. I then went ahead and tried playing VG undeferred, after which buying Cavalry returned me to my action phase as expected. I just ended up resigning after playing VG so you can choose both options to hopefully easily reproduce the bug. 

Ingix

The game returned you to your Action phase in both cases. It just so happened that in the first case, when you had chosen to defer Village Green for next turn, you had no Actions and no Villagers, so the game automatically advanced you to the next phase (buy phase) like it always does.

It's no different from playing Smithy when you have no Cantrips or Villages: You draw cards, but since you can't do anything anymore, the game advances you automatically to your buy phase.

For example, in game #37716364 on my turn 7, I had not Actions left when I first ended my Action phase. I declined to discard to Arena. Then I bought Cavalry, which drew me 2 cards (including a Fortune Teller).

You can see that I discarded it for Arena the second time I went from my Action phase to my Buy phase.
If you replay that, you can see that I did not get the option to play the Fortune Teller (because I was out of Actions), but I must have been in my Action phase, because otherwise Arena wouldn't have triggered.