Not enough Ways?

Previous topic - Next topic

Trumplestiltskin

Ways don't appear to be put into kingdoms very often, even with the Menagerie-heavy option.  I'm estimating only seeing a Way in about 1/6 games.

Some ways, like Owl, Frog, and Butterfly, I haven't seen at all despite playing a LOT of games.  Other Ways I have seen several times.

Are all the Ways programmed?  And why are they so seemingly infrequent compared to Events and Landmarks?

Ingix

All the Ways are programmed. The official recommendation is to have max 1 Way per game, and this recommendation is maintained for all automatch games. So while you can have games with say 2 Events this way, you'll never see 2 Ways from this.

In addition, even if you would get 1 random Way each game, the expected number of games until you've seen them all is almost 72.

Trumplestiltskin

Thank you for the reply.  In what % of Menagerie-heavy games should we expect to see a Way?

Ingix

Back of the envelope says 75%.

Ingix

You were right, Trumplestiltskin!

Owl, Frog, and Butterfly didn't show up randomly on "normal games" (those whithout "Extra Menagerie"). Those were the last 3 implemented, so I guess they were not included in some list that deals with which cards can be chosen.

Stef has corrected this, the change will probably deploy in the near future.

Trumplestiltskin

I saw Butterfly for the first time- Thank you!!