Delay a Teacher then Call the Teacher immediately next round

Previous topic - Next topic

Kameyou

Yesterday I had a game with Peasant with Event "Delay".

When both of us had the 1 card of Silk Merchants and Teacher on hand, I chose to play Teacher instead of Silk Merchants, then I planned to call Teacher in my next turn.

My opponent chose to play Silk Merchants and buy a card thus Delay the Teacher. When his turns come, the Teacher is played, then he can call the Teacher immediately. Then he can speed up and getting advantages of +Action on his Silk Merchants card.

Is it a bug or just the Event can overwrite the rule that Teacher has to be called in next turn after I play it this turn?

• Once you set aside the Action card, you have to play it at the start of your next turn.
  • If you do multiple things at the start of your turn, you can order them.
  • Playing the Action card at the start of your next turn does not use up an Action.

Ingix

That's actually correct!

Note that Teacher says

"At the start of your turn, you may call this,..."

There is no "next" in it, and the text is "below the line", so it happens not when you play this, but some other time.

A rule, which you may not be familiar with, says that if a "Start of turn" effect creates another "Start of turn" effect, the new "Start of turn" effect happens already this turn.

You can't get this speedup by playing Teacher "normally", because then the "Start of turn" is over for that turn, so the first opportunity to call it is your next turn. But a few effects can play cards at the "Start of turn" (Ghost, Captain and now Delay).