Dominion Victory Point Default Setting Suggestion

Previous topic - Next topic

leafyscreen

Currently when you create a game, the default for "Show VC Counter" is checked by default.
It makes a better game if the victory points are not shown. It makes it like the table game where you do not know how many points you or an opponent has at any given time.

To ultimately make it like the table game, victory token points are known, but victory card points are not.

jsh

Quote from: leafyscreen on 02 April 2020, 04:10:58 PM
Currently when you create a game, the default for "Show VC Counter" is checked by default.
It makes a better game if the victory points are not shown. It makes it like the table game where you do not know how many points you or an opponent has at any given time.

To ultimately make it like the table game, victory token points are known, but victory card points are not.

I would stop playing Dominion online without the point counter. It's way different from playing in person. Someone can easily track points on paper or in a notepad program; it's always possible to know the score. The point counter makes things fair and prevents people taking ages to make decisions.

AdamH

The suggestion was not to remove the point counter from the client. The suggestion was to set the default setting to not use the point counter, which I think is a good idea, even though I almost always use the point counter when I play.

The client doesn't even remember the table settings you had from your last table, it just puts them all at their default values every time you leave a table. This has been extremely annoying to me for years and I wish it would be fixed.

Ingix

Many players never or rarely make their own tables, they just enter the automatch queue. So changing the default will impact a massive amount of players a lot of times.

So jsh would have to make their own table and then wait for someone to manually join, which usually takes a lot of time. None of the filtering about opponent levels will apply etc. So this would be a big change for them, and others.

Of course, Stef could add an additional option to the automatcher to specify if you require/prefer with or without VP.