Game Kicked us out/ ended

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerym the Great

My friends and I were kicked out of a game, for no apparent reason last night. We were unable to go back in and finish the game.  Why did that happen? There were only three of us.  No one kicked us out...

Ingix

Do you mean that happened during the game, or when the game ended? After the game ended, current problems can sometimes lead to that. But I've only heard that during the game when both servers that actually compromise the game servers (Oregon, Tokyo, etc.) need to be restarted, and the game servers where stable as for the last few days, AFAIK.

Could it be that somebody unwittingly ended the game, by emptying the 3rd supply pile? That may happen if someone for example plays Cultist or Marauder, emptying the Ruins pile and then buys some card(s) that emmpty another pile.

If you have the game's ID number, I can take a look, otherwise this is hard to answer.

Jerym the Great

Thank you for your response.  This happened during the game.  Also, we did not have two supply piles gone.  I don't think the game servers were compromised, either.  I did not think to write down the game ID number.

Ingix

In the mean time I got a possible scenario where you may have been kicked out of a running game. Did your game last very long, like 90+ minutes?

Basically the game servers you know as  Oregon, Tokyo etc. are actually 2 servers each. One is active, the other one is dormant. If a new program version is made, or the active server needs to be serviced, the new server is started and new games will start on this server, but the existing games will continue on the old server. In times before Corona (and with less players), Stef let the old server run for a day or so, so that (almost) all games should finish, even if you decided to go to sleep in the middle of it.

Now, with all the lag, the servers are/were restarted more often (because that means no new games start on the old server, so after games finish, the existing resources are there for the always decreasing number of games that still run on that server). It came down to the old server  being needed again in less than 2 hours, to take load of the "new" server.

The result is that if you started a game on the old server, and it lasted so long (> 90 min) that it was still active when the old server was finally rebooted, you would be kicked out of the running game.

Of course, it may have been something else, but I now know that this is a possibility.

mattjlockwood73

We were playing a game tonight that kicked us out at the end of the game. We have no idea who won. The game ID was 39931393. We tried to load the game again but couldn't get in. Do you know why that could happen in the first place, and why we couldn't get back in? Thanks.

Ingix

Hi, the game result was

RuthPitman: 41VP
alijoylock: 32VP
Tim Pitman: 31VP
mattjlockwood73: 27VP

I got this by loading the game, not sure why that didn't work for you.

HennesIX

Yesterday, this happened to everyone of my group more or less at the same time. Unfortunately I don't have the game id.

Is it possible to find out the game id with the help of the discord dominion bot?

Ingix

If that were rated 2 players games, then possibly ("!prior Ingix") lists the last 5 I think. Otherwise, if they are not part of a "match" (several games in a row betweeen the same 2 players), I think not.

RinaReaze

My friends and I also were kicked out at the end of the game. We have two game IDs, we're not sure which one was the last game... can you please tell us the game scores?
40260274 & 40232332

Thank you!  :)

Ingix

Game 40232332 (the other was Maffin + several bots):

Kunibert0815: 50VP
RinaReaze:    29VP
Maffin:       24VP
Soffy:        23VP
123Trompete:  12VP

philippicus

Hi,

my friends and I experienced the same issue as reported above. We played on the oregon server or ohio (we are not sure which one) around 23:45 CET and the connection ended just when the winner was to be announced.

it should have been the game #40390749 on "oregon"   or #40387304 on "ohio".
We remember that "lady dyon" had about 26 victory points due to victory point markers.

If you could tell us who won, we would be very happy to hear about it.
The players were "lady dyon", "felix_linux", "ITS_SO_ON" and "philippicus".

Thank you so much!
Cheers, Philipp

Ingix

The VP counters of "lady dyon" mean it's game 40390749

philippicus: 64 VP
felix_linus: 59 VP
lydy dyon  : 45 VP
ITS_SO_ON  : 43 VP

You can find out much about this game (and others you know the game ID of) yourself! Head over to the general Dominion discord server at

https://discord.gg/MGAqrH9

Many players are there and discuss a variety of Dominion topics. This discord server has a "bot", called "DomBot", which you can find in the list of users to the right very much near the top, under "DOMBOT-1". You can open a private message with the bot and it responds to some commands. It lists all its commands when you type in

!help

and press ENTER (the "!" is not a mistake, it has to be there).

In your case, the "!game" command is the one you would need, and you need to tell it the game ID:

!game 40390749

and it will show you the players, how many points they got and how (like how many VP counters, Provinces, from Fountain) and who had which cards in the end. I used that find out your result.

Best regards,
Ingix