Three-Pile Ending Bug

Previous topic - Next topic

mosrthewise

Unfortunately, I did not record the game number. I believe we were on the Ohio server. We had a game that did not end on three piles (curse, estate, pearl diver) but instead ended when the fourth pile emptied (Ambassador). Yes, if you are reading this, it was a pretty messed up game (Mountebank and Sea Hag are a bear.

Ingix

Thank for the report, mosrthewise!

1) Was that a 5 or 6 player game? In that case, ending on 4 piles is what the rules say.
2) Since you mentioned Ambassador, could 3 piles have been empty during a turn (say Mountebank/Seag Hag emptying the Curse pile), but then a pile becoming non-empty later that turn due to Ambassador (probably again the Curse pile)? 3-piles are only "counted" when they occur when the turn is over, not during a turn.

If it was a 2 player rated game, chance are good that we can find the game if you tell me your in-game name (PM me if you don't want it public).

mosrthewise

It was a five player game! We've been breaking that rule for years when playing with cards at home. Thanks for the swift response and for supporting this product. It's been keeping our game nights alive through the pandemic.

Also, I'm sure you had plenty of reports on this already, but we were unable to log in last night--assuming it was a server traffic issue due to the influx of people like us. Anyways, good luck and thanks for your hard work!

Ingix

Yes, this night the meta-server went down (for yet unknown reasons).