Right click sometimes registers as left click

Previous topic - Next topic

cruxor

This is a big problem when I'm in the buy phase and try to view the text of a card only to discover I just bought it. And then the game moves on to my opponents turn making it much more annoying to ask for an undo.

It only happens rarely, maybe 2% of the time.

I'm on a mac with a standard 3-button mouse, using the Firefox browser. None of my extensions look like they would be causing this. I never have this right click problem in any other programs, so I don't think it's a hardware or OS issue.

Also, sometimes when I right click a card, it fails to display the big version of the card, but it does lock up the rest of the interface until I click somewhere, as though it thought it was in the card display mode.

I played on dominion.games for years, and it never happened. I stopped for a year or so, and recently restarted, and that's when this issue started. The only change I made to my setup over the past year was switching from Chrome to Firefox. I have not tried switching back to Chrome.

I can work around it by not right-clicking when there's a chance that a left click might do something. But it's hard to remember to do that.

Thanks for all your hard work!

cruxor

I see that mac right-click is mentioned in "Known interface problems", but those issues look different from this one.

Ingix

Thanks for reporting the problem.

I have an idea what may be the cause, but it very vague. If you can pinpoint a specific situation where it happens (like "in game #1234 on turn 6 I right-click on Adventures, but it doesn't show anything/buys the card instead of showing it"), that might help.

As you say, it's annyoing if it happens 2% of the time, but hard to find "by accident" (and I don't have a Mac to test it).