Play friends base game only

Previous topic - Next topic

PegoAC

Hello
Just tried to play a friend & would only like to use the base game.
All other sets have been filtered off in the familiar cards section.
Now the base set is colour & other sets black & white.
When the friend game starts non-base game characters appear, is this by design?
Thanks

Ingix

Since you are playing with your friend, I assume you are using your own table to play games.

The default for self-created tables is to not respect familiar cards :(

So you need to go into "Advanced Options", then click on the checkbox next to "Respect familiar cards".

Mic Qsenoch

If you're making your own table to play the games, you don't really want to use Familiar Cards to do this (play Base only). If you use "Advanced Options" --> "Select Kingdom Cards" you can control which expansions are used.

carfax

I'm curious to know if you can set up a table to play with just friends, rather than being available to everyone?

Ingix

Not exactly, this is a feature that was much asked for from new players due to the pandemic.

You can do the following:

1) In the Advanced Options, set the "Min relative rating" and "Max relative rating" to 0. This allows only friends to join the table (or players with the exat level that you have, which are few, if any).

or

2) Click "Add bot". While this in theory still allows non-friends to join, my experience is that none do, because they all use a feature (tab "Tables") that only shows game without bots. Once everybody is there, you kick the bot and start the game.