Village Green in response to Margrave

Previous topic - Next topic

F8Tel

Village Green extra actions don't seem to be working correctly (at least in response to margrave compelled discard). 

Choosing "Now" gives you no extra actions on your current turn (bug: should be 3?) and none in the future (as expected). 

Choosing "next turn" gives 0 actions on your current turn (bug: loss of an action) and 3 actions on your next turn (as expected).

Game: #44047241 on ohio.
Game: #44048772 on oregon.

F8Tel(me) and 2 bots (Lord Rattington, Revenge Witch)

jsh

I'm not going to parse every case here, but one general thing you should know is that actions gained on an opponent's turn don't do anything. You can't bank them for your own turn either.

Ingix

Quote from: F8Tel on 10 May 2020, 11:44:16 PM
Village Green extra actions don't seem to be working correctly (at least in response to margrave compelled discard). 

Choosing "Now" gives you no extra actions on your current turn (bug: should be 3?) and none in the future (as expected). 
You don't (usually) have Actions on your opponent's turn. Caravan Guard can give you one, Village Green 2. I'm not sure why you think you have 3 after playing Village Green on opponent's turn in "Now" mode.
You are right that those extra Actions are not shown. There are rare edge cases where they might be important, but this (game 44048772) is none of them. The 2 Actions you got on opponent's turn can't be used for anything. I'm not exactly sure if they vanish when this turn ends or when the next turn starts, but you start your next turn with 1 Action only.

Quote from: F8Tel on 10 May 2020, 11:44:16 PM
Choosing "next turn" gives 0 actions on your current turn (bug: loss of an action) and 3 actions on your next turn (as expected).

Again I'm not following you why you think getting no Actions on your opponent's turn is a bug because "loss of an Action". In 99% of games you have no Actions on your opponent's turn, and playing Green Village on your opponent's turn in "Next turn" mode  didn't change that.

The only thing I can think of is that you were looking at the central status bar and didn't see the amount of Actions change. But this status bar shows the data of the active player (one of the bots playing Margrave), and they didn't gain any Actions due to your Green Village, of course.