Way of the Mole + Villia

Previous topic - Next topic

markbou

I think this is a bug in the interaction between Villa & Way of the Mole

Set up a game with Way of the Mole and Villa.

Play a hand
Buy a Villa which goes to you hand and so you go back to the action phase
Play the Villa as Way of the Mole giving you +1 Action and +3 cards
Play your hand until you are ready to autoplay your treasures
Auto play the treasures

Actual:
Your round ends without being able to buy anything

Expected:
You should be able to buy something
In fact you should be able to keep going indefinitely while there are Villas available to buy.

Ingix

Thanks for the report markbou!

This is however not a bug. Note that you spent your 1 "free" buy of the turn on the Villa. Normally this isn't a problem, as playing Villa gives you +1 Buy, so you can buy some more cards (after probably having used the +2 Actions from Villa to play some more cards).

But with Way of the Mole (or any other Way), you are not following the Villa's normal instructions, so you don't get +1 Buy from playing Villa. If you have no other cards that give you +Buy, you have 0 Buys.

That's why the turn ends automatically in your described scenario: Once you've played all your Treasures, you just have nothing more to do, so the program ends your turn.

Also note that returning to your Action phase did not automatically give you +1 Action and +1 Buy. That happens when your turn starts and is not repeated when Villa retutns you to the Action phase.

You get +1 Action explicitely per the Villa's triggered effect (so you can play the Villa even if you entered your buy phase with no Actions left). But the +1 Buy is not automatic, you need to play and follow Villa's instruction for that to happen, which isn't happening when using a Way.

markbou

Thanks for the quick response. Sorry I should I figured that out for myself.

Ingix

No problem. Since gaining Villa is the only way to go into a buy phase without a buy, it rarely comes up and it suprised my as well the firt time I saw it.