Limit on undo requests or option to only play games with no undos

Previous topic - Next topic

mrfiat

Please add the feature that limits denied undo requests to three per game.   I've been in a game for 40 minutes with a person that is slow playing because I refused an undo in the start of the game.  They have requested 15 undos already, which have all been denied.   Or just have a checkbox to auto refuse undos. 

What happens if I just leave an undo request hanging?   Will my opponent be able to make me resign due to a timeout?

I've been requesting an option to only play games with no undos and have yet to see that option added?

The trolls on this website have been getting worse and worse.   Can you please add a routine that detects slow playing and give me the option to make them resign?

Thanks!

Ingix

There is work being done to better handle harassing players, detection of slow play may be easy on extreme cases.

If you have a player slow play you, than please report them on the form given here: https://tinyurl.com/dominion-abuse

which will only be seen by moderators.

When a player asks for an undo, they are on the time, not you.

AdamH

How many complaints is it going to take to get a real solution to this problem? There is nothing to stop abusive players from doing whatever they want, if their account gets reported or banned then they can make a new account, and the blacklist feature doesn't help because it's not even labeled in the client and stops working whenever the abuser makes a new account anyways.

New accounts should be connected to a phone number or something for verification. Every other online game ever has a system that actually works for preventing abusive players from ruining the experience for everyone, but Dominion is really suffering from this.

Please do something. The current system does not work and it never will. The problem has to actually be solved.

santamonica811

Adam,
I like your idea re phone, in theory.  (Anything that would get rid of the tiny percentage of bad actors would improve this site a good bit.).  How would it work, in practice?  Like, I don't have a cell phone.  Would my landline be sufficient?  (ie, sending me a text code to sign up would not work with a landline, of course).  Would I need the phone number only to register, or, would Dominion require me to often receive a code and type it in, as so many websites are starting to do? (I *hate* having to do this. LOL)

Obviously, if Dominion did change their new-account policy, Step et al would spend some time thinking about the issue, to strike a balance between ease-of-use and actual effectiveness.  But it seems like you have spent some time thinking about this as well...do you have any suggestions that Step might consider, if/when he does institute some changes?  I admit that I'm pleased and heartened by Ingix's earlier post, that changes may indeed be made.

mrfiat

What he is asking for is standard practice in industry, you guys just aren't doing it.  i.e.  Tons of trolls.

Ingix

Generally SMS verification sounds like a good idea, I agree.

Now somebody needs to program sending SMS around the world (in the order of 10s and to hundred per day) and deal with all the failures that happen for that. Then most online games need to ban tons of cheaters, which isn't really relevant for Dominion Online, which unfortunately has some griefers/trolls.

So the question becomes to if to inconvinience many to combat what appears to be a very small group of griefers. Maybe SMS verification is necesseray, but it certainly is something that brings a substantial cost in the form of friction for new players.

I'm really not sure what the correct step to take is.

AdamH

The small group of griefers are already inconveniencing your users, and the fact that you're not willing to actually do something about it shows your users that you don't really care. Just imagine what a larger group could do.

Every legitimate game out there has measures to stop this kind of thing, Shuffleit has made excuses not to implement those measures because there is a system in place that does not work for several reasons.

It's not a question, the answer is obvious, it's even the industry standard. It's beyond me how Shuffleit can try to justify not doing this.

santamonica811

Ingix,
Note that I would have no problem using SMS as ONE OF the ways to verify an account.  I guess that most younger people have cell phones now.  But many many people (of, ahem, a certain age) do not...we have landlines.  So, if Shuffle were to institute, say, SMS to enable an active account, there must ALSO be an alternate method.  [It's okay if that alternate approach would require me to use a bit more effort or steps to verify my account...as long as Shuffle does give me a reasonable alternate.]

mrfiat

How about a credit card # to verify the account, something.  Just look at all the other major online gaming sites and copy what they do.  I think the trolls on here are way more than a minority.  Some coding would help stop them as well.

How about a link to report them right inside the game?  How about a way to only play accounts that have a certain age?  My account has been around since the start.

We are playing you money for a service.  Please give us our money's worth.