Server connection was closed or could not be established

Previous topic - Next topic

suh.collin

hello!

I have not been able to connect to the dominion.games server for a couple of weeks. The message "server connection was closed or could not be established" always comes up on the website home page and I am unable to even enter my username/password to login. I have tried the following but to no avail so far:

1) Deleted cookies and browser data
2) Changed security settings on my MacBook Air to always trust the USERTrust RSA Certification Authority
3) Used different WiFi networks
4) Restarted my computer

I did find that if I use my wife's laptop to play, I can actually get through with my own login info.

Any possible explanations and solutions for this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ingix

Thanks for the report, though it's hard to say what may be the reason.

What version of Mac OS are you running?
What browser are you using? 
(Both questions might help in finding a common cause).

Have you tried another browser on the same computer?

Firefox and Chrome have a "developer console" that shows error messages. They are activated by the F12 key on Windows, though I assume it will be different on a Mac, likely in a menu structure like "Web-developer", then "Web console".

If you open that console while you have the dominion site open and hit CTRL-R, it will reload the site and any errors will be printed in the web console. If you can copy them here, that might help diagnose the issue.

suh.collin

thank you for your timely response!

I am running OS X El Capitan ver 10.11.6
I always use Chrome but I have Safari available as well
I've tried opening dominion.games on Safari, only to get the same error

I attached a screenshot of the developer console after refreshing the website

thank you!

Ingix

Thanks for the info + screenshot. It seems some certificate date is a problem. I'll forward this.

suh.collin

hello!

I just wanted to see if there were any updates on my issue with the server connection.

thanks