Rating randomly dropped 19 points or so.

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Yes

Hi all,

I have no idea what just happened, but my rating has randomly dropped by about 19 points.  I'd been holding it down at about 57 for weeks now.  I played a couple games earlier today and was at like 57.4 or something. When I logged on just now to look for a match my rating was 38-point-something?!

I have thousands of games played on this account (same username in game), over the entire existence of this iteration of online Dominion (have been playing w/ same username since isotropic), i.e. even if I lost dozens of consecutive games I'd expect my rating to drop by 3-5 points max. 

Has this happened to anyone else? How does this get fixed?

I've not been too active on these forums before but lots of love for this community.  Please help.  Thanks!

-Professor Yes

EDIT: I'm still showing as number 240 on the leaderboard with a rank of 57, which is encouraging, but I want to be able to match with similarly skilled players which I'm not sure how to do at present.

bygage

It appears this has happened to several people.  I know a couple of folks have reported it as a bug.

Professor Yes

Quote from: bygage on 10 June 2020, 03:51:08 AM
It appears this has happened to several people.  I know a couple of folks have reported it as a bug.

Thanks for mentioning this.  I didn't think to put this down as a bug.  I did find one recent post there describing the same problem.

jamind

HI,
i got the same problem here. Playin from europe. name is "jamind" . automatch rating 38 instead of 54,54 (written in "leaderboards")

please help :)

Ingix

Yes it's a bug that affects everyone. I would suggest not playing rated games until this is fixed. More details here.

Ingix

The problem has been fixed, matchmaking will now use your correct rating.