Game Freeze - doesn't load old game on refresh

Previous topic - Next topic

whiteyoshi

I was playing a game (#48714080) with 2 friends when one of their screens froze.  This has happened to me multiple times before and usually I just refresh the page and it immediately takes me back the same game I was playing, unfrozen, and all is good.  This time, however, my friend refreshed and was not taken immediately back to the game, and we had no idea how to get him back into the game.  He said he couldn't find the game on the list of tables to join.  I wrote down the game code and refreshed the page myself.  It didn't take me back to same game we were playing either.  I tried to go to "New Table" and "Load Old Game" and typed in the game code, but when I tried to say "Ready", the error message "Already starting" appeared. (I'm not sure if this may have been because our 3rd player was still in that game.) Any clue what happened?  Any suggestions on what we should do if it happens again in the future?

Many thanks!

Ingix

If that happens what you describe, that a player on reload can't find their own table, it seems a server doing the work between games has been switched/rebooted. That server is responsible for pointing a player back to their gameserver when doing a page reload during a game, and since it's now a new server, it doesn't know about the ongoing game.

Now I could reload the game, so you could continue it, but I'm also at a loss what to do at the time this problem happens.  :(