Search Discard Pile / Random Game Setup

Previous topic - Next topic

yoodle

A couple online noob questions (sorry, looked in the FAQ and searched the forums, but couldn't find an answer).

1. Is there a way to look through your discard pile?  I believe this is allowed in the game rules, but we have not been able to find a way to do that in the online interface).

2. Is there a way to do a random game setup to just have it create a table with 10 random kingdom cards?  I am able to manually select cards that I choose, but I'd rather have the game just pick some and go.

Thanks!

Ingix

Hi yoodle,

no problem asking question about things that are unclear to you.

1) No there isn't. It's also not allowed to do in the physical game rules. IIRC, Donald X. (game designer) wanted to prevent people looking through their discard pile for long amounts of time to figure out what cards where still left in their deck (like for Wishing Well).

2) The game will do that automatically for you when you do not use the Kingdom Builder. So you make a table, wait for your friends to join and then start the game. You don't need to press the "Select Kingdom cards" button.

Feel free to ask for clarification or anything else that is unclear.

yoodle

Thanks, Ingix!

1. It looks like you are correct.  You are NOT allowed to look through your discard pile.  I had done a quick Google search, and there was a discussion on BGG that made me think differently, but the official rules (or, at least, the complete Dominion FAQ on BGG) agrees with you.  Is there any way to tell how many cards are in your discard pile though?  The program shows the # in the draw pile, but not the discard.

2. That works beautifully.  I was just over thinking that!

3. One more question while we're at it:  Does Dominion Online keep stats somewhere?  Our group would like to be able to compare wins/losses, etc. over time.  I would think the program would keep track of this stuff, but I can't find any place to view it.

Thanks again for the quick responses!!!

Ingix

Dominion Online has a rating system that works similiarly to the ELO system unsed in chess. If win your rating increases, if you loose it decreases. If you win a against a better player you gain more than if you win against a player of same strength, a.s.o.

Your rating and that of your friends (the players in your friend list) you can see in the leaderboars tab. There is no explicite win/loss ratio or similar stat.

On the general Dominion discord at https://discord.gg/TQhTVB2 there is a helper program "dombot" that can give you more detailed data, like what your lastest rated games were, how they ended etc.