These items are just from trying to figure out the interface for the online game. I’ve loved Dominion for years, and only today found the online option. I have not yet gotten to playing the game online– I want to understand how the interface works before I start playing. I’ve found several problematic things, as well as several functions/features which make perfect sense to me & I can’t imagine why they aren’t available. (Or, if they are available, why they are so difficult to find.)
1. Problem: When I tried to register for these forums, my browser (Firefox) warned me that the connection wasn’t encrypted. Why in the world not?
2. Problem: Where is the forum search button? This is the least intuitive forum I’ve encountered. My questions might be available somewhere, but I can’t figure out how to navigate the forums to determine if the answers are already provided.
3. Problem: [“You can also see which of your Friends (or players that you follow) are online here, and join their Table if they have set one up." “If a player has joined your Table that you don’t wish to play with, you can kick them out. "] I want to just play my friend in a private game. Why can’t I lock a table to ONLY allow my friends, or only allow a specifically invited player? It doesn’t make sense that I have to keep kicking random people until my friend is able to join
4. Problem: I see no option to define my table settings *before* the table is open for random people to jump in. Why? It is counterintuitive to have the settings unavailable prior to opening to other players.
a. Feature request: It’d would be nice to be able to save table settings, so I could build a deck ahead of time. Then, when I have that ability to directly invite a friend to play, I don’t have to refer to some other list I’ve kept of the cards I’ve chosen for custom decks.
5. Clarification required: [“Rated games do not respect familiar cards, and will take from all cards that the players are subscribed to."] Does this mean that BOTH players need to have access to the card(s) in play to see those cards available? In the FAQ it says [“When setting up a game with another player, you can use any of the cards that either of you are subscribed to. So if one player has subscribed to all cards, and another has a free account, they can still play with all the cards together. "] So, which is it?