About Death Cart

Previous topic - Next topic

Mundl

Hi,

Some notable difference between online and real version of Death Cart :

In my official box,the +5 is in the top of the cart, in big size,it's not the case in the virtual version.

I re-read all the official rules of Dark Age... it's not clearly explained but for me this big +5 in the top of the cart means : "you have it whatever happen" .... whereas you decide to put it differently... In the online version, if I don't have another action card to remove, the +5 is not applied...

Well, this cart is totally useless in this situation...  ??? :'(

kieranmillar

Death Cart was changed in the 2019 card erratas:

http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/Dominion_2019_Errata_and_Rules_Tweaks

As far as I am aware, the new version of the card you see online is not available in a real-life physical form yet, but will be when Dark Ages is next reprinted.

Ingix

kieranmillar is right about there being errata:

Death Cart: Action - Looter, $4
You may trash this or an Action card from your hand, for +$5.
----------
When you gain this, gain 2 Ruins.

Quote from: Mundl on 28 June 2020, 02:53:24 AM
I re-read all the official rules of Dark Age... it's not clearly explained but for me this big +5 in the top of the cart means : "you have it whatever happen"

Yes, that's right, before the errata you always got +$5 (with the exception being under the influence of Enchantress).

Quote from: Mundl on 28 June 2020, 02:53:24 AM
.... whereas you decide to put it differently... In the online version, if I don't have another action card to remove, the +5 is not applied...

Well, this cart is totally useless in this situation...  ??? :'(

No, you can still trash the Death Cart itself like you could under the old wording (both the Action cards in your hand and the Death Cart in play will get a red outline in that case, indicating they can be trashed). What has changed is that the interaction with other errataed cards (the former "shapeshifters" Band of Misfits, Overlord and Inheritance) done at the same time was deemed broken.

Band of Misfits: Action - Command, $5
Play a non-Command Action card from the Supply that costs less than this, leaving it there.

You can play an errataed Band of Misfits and have it play a Death Cart in the supply. Under the old wording of Death Cart, you would now get +$5 with no penalty, because if you don't trash a card from your hand, the Death Cart in the supply can't be trashed. The original Death Cart was written under the assumption that it would be in play when played, so the penalty of trashit itself would always work. That assumption is no longer true with the reworded cards like Band of Misfits.

So Death Cart, Pillage and Embargo got errata to make them work "roughly as intended" when they where originally printed, even when facing the "new shapeshifter", that now work differently than before.

dane

It wasn't only because of the errataed shapeshifters that Death Cart et al needed to be errataed: Necromancer had already 'broken' the original versions.