Teacher appears out of nowhere

Previous topic - Next topic

coolemausis

This is a pleasant bug but a bug none the less. In a game with a peasant, when u gain a teacher and play it ive encountered that the teacher reappears in my deck aproximately 5 turns later without me having to go trough all the upgrade stages from peasant and upwards. Its just there and not at the expense of my first teacher either, which remains active. A this time i had another peasant in my  deck but since the bug has happened before im not sure this always was the case.

Ingix

Thanks for the report, coolemausis!

Can you give a game number in which that bug appeared? I've never heard of it before.

dane

Quote from: coolemausis on 07 July 2020, 03:06:16 PM
This is a pleasant bug but a bug none the less. In a game with a peasant, when u gain a teacher and play it ive encountered that the teacher reappears in my deck aproximately 5 turns later without me having to go trough all the upgrade stages from peasant and upwards. Its just there and not at the expense of my first teacher either, which remains active. A this time i had another peasant in my  deck but since the bug has happened before im not sure this always was the case.
It's possible that you have misunderstood how Teacher works.

Given that you say that your first Teacher is still 'active', I'm assuming that soon after you first played the Teacher (probably the very next turn) you called it to put a token on one of the Action piles.  When you call it, it goes into your play area.  Therefore at the end of that turn it gets discarded.  At some later stage your discard pile gets reshuffled and becomes your deck, so eventually the Teacher will find its way into your hand again.

coolemausis

Given that you say that your first Teacher is still 'active', I'm assuming that soon after you first played the Teacher (probably the very next turn) you called it to put a token on one of the Action piles.  When you call it, it goes into your play area.  Therefore at the end of that turn it gets discarded.  At some later stage your discard pile gets reshuffled and becomes your deck, so eventually the Teacher will find its way into your hand again.

Is that so? I thoght the card was spent when you use it the first time and could not be used again? Does not seem that you should be able to use it over and over, too powerful of a card for that

coolemausis

I dont have a gamenumber anyhow unfortunately

jsh

Quote from: coolemausis on 07 July 2020, 10:25:20 PM

Is that so? I thoght the card was spent when you use it the first time and could not be used again? Does not seem that you should be able to use it over and over, too powerful of a card for that

You can use it over and over. It's powerful, but disciple is usually stronger because games tend to end very quickly in peasant games.