Game Result History

Previous topic - Next topic

IndyTheJones

Hello,

For starters, I've been loving this version of Dominion. A few friends and I have a weekly routine where we get together over Discord and play a few games to stay in touch (we even have our own leaderboard). Very much a part of our lives now!

We encountered an error just now where the end of a game occurred (no more Provinces were left), but we were all logged out. The ending score didn't show up and we don't know who won! Is there a way to check game history, even if it just the points each player earned in a game? If not, would that be a feature that would be possible for addition in the future? :)

All the best from a longtime Gold subscriber!

Ingix

All of the info is stored, but the way players can search for them is limited.

All games have an ID (it can be found at the start of the log and in the chat). If you know this, you can look up details about the game, including who had how many points.

If you don't know the ID (which I assume), then if it was a rated game you can search for it entering one (or more) account names of players in that game.

Where can you do that? On the Dominion discord at https://discord.gg/MGAqrH9

Discord is a text messaging program that is grouped into "servers", and the above is an invitation link to join a discord server that has many active Dominion players, both on- and offline. Discord can be accessed via dedicated programs/apps on desktop pcs and mobile devices, or via a web browser (https://discord.com).

That server has a bot ("DomBot"), that can be asked to do many things with regard to Dominion Online.

The command

!prior -p Ingix -m -n 20

will list my (Ingix') last 20 rated games in multiplayer (the "-m" switch)

You can see who played and the kingdom and the final score, so exactly what you want.

If the game was unrated, you can use the match command, which will look at unrated games as well, between 2 players.

!match Ingix, AnotherPlayer

If you substitute 2 names from the game, there is a chance the result will be listed. I don't know if it will take into account multiplayer games, and it only reaches "a few" days back in time.

I hope this helps, if you have more questions, please reply.

santamonica811

Ingix
Your response is so helpful that I wish/hope it can be made a sticky.

IndyTheJones

Hi Ingix,

This is helpful, thank you! We were playing a multiplayer non-rated game so it looks like the bot isn't able to help (tried using a few of the usernames but no luck). I think I do have the ID number of the game though: #65668172. How would I be able to search for this game's results?

Ingix

Oh, I had given up hope on that info being available.

The command then is

!game 65668172

Congrats, you won!

You can also see how many points each player had (and how they were accounted for) and the end deck composition for each player.

Generally you can find the available commands with

!help

and help for a given command by using the -h option

!game -h

But as Josh suggested, I'll make an extra posting to summarize this.